You are about to leave the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices website and go to an external website.
MENTOR® MemoryGel® Xtra
MemoryGel®Xtra provides the shape stability of a more highly cross-linked gel but the implant maintains a natural softness.1*
Why Choose MemoryGel® Xtra?
MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants give you all the beneﬁts of MemoryGel® Breast Implants, but with additional beneﬁts in two proﬁle options – Moderate Plus and High Profile.
MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants provides increased projection, fullness and firmness.2**
In 100% of the corresponding profiles, MemoryGel® Xtra High Profile Breast Implants provide more projection by base width than Motiva Full and Corse Profiles.3^&
MemoryGel® Xtra has a softer feeling, thinner shell and fullness (as measured by Strain Energy testing) similar to higher cohesive gel filled implants.1***
MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants provide increased firmness over MemoryGel® Breast Implants.4#
A Name You Can Trust
MENTOR® MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants are part of the long-trusted MemoryGel® family.5,6
MENTOR® COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Over 200,000 patients have been enrolled in over 10 clinical studies, providing a robust data set to evaluate the safety and performance of our implants.7-16
PREFERRED BY 9 OUT OF 10 CONSUMERS
In a blinded comparison with another major brand, 9 out of 10 consumers chose MENTOR® MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants as feeling more like natural breasts. 17†
SURGEONS PREFER MEMORYGEL® XTRA
In a global blinded comparison, surgeons more often chose MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants as feeling more like natural breast tissue when compared with another manufacturer.18‡
* Based on bench top in vitro testing
** Product Dimensions for MemoryGel and MemoryGel Xtra Breast Implants Mentor R&D Compression Benchtop Testing ‐ July 2017.
*** As measured by the in vitro Strain Energy Concept
^ Published device projection dimensions were compared between MemoryGel® Xtra Moderate Plus Profile vs.
Polytech and Motiva Demi. MemoryGel Xtra High Profile vs. Polytech and Motiva, Full and Corse.
& The third‐party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of the respective owners.
# Head‐to‐head compression benchtop testing between MemoryGel® Xtra and MemoryGel Breast Implants.
† Head‐to‐head blinded in‐person tabletop product comparison (MemoryGel Xtra vs. Inspira Responsive vs. Inspira Cohesive) with 452 respondents
‡ Head‐to‐head in‐person tabletop product comparison (MemoryGel Xtra vs. Inspira Responsive vs. Inspira Cohesive) with 79 surgeons.
1. Caplin, D (2018). Implant Testing and the 'Strain Energy' Concept. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018 Oct;142(4S 2.The Science of Breast Implants):12S‐20S. doi:10.1097/PRS.0000000000004998.
2. Product Dimensions for MemoryGel and MemoryGel Xtra Breast Implants Mentor R&D Compression Benchtop Testing ‐ July 2017.
3. Allergan Natrelle Inspira Product Catalog 2017, Motiva Product Catalog 2017, Polytech Product Catalog 2016.
4. Mentor R&D Compression Benchtop Testing ‐ July 2017.
5. Bondurant, S., Ernster, V., and Herdman, R. Safety of Silicone Implant. Washington, DC: National Academy Press. 1999.
6. Mentor Worldwide LLC. Mentor Worldwide Historical Implant Data 1985 ‐ May 2018.
7. Summary of the Safety and Effectiveness of Mentor’s MemoryGel® Silicone Gel‐Filled Implants in Patients who are Undergoing Primary Breast Augmentation, Primary Breast Reconstruction, or Revision. 10‐Year Core Gel Final Clinical Study Report. April 2013.
8. MemoryGel® Post Approval Study Seventh Annual Report, November 5, 2013.
9. Adjunct Study Final Report for Mentor’s MemoryGel® Silicone Gel‐Filled Breast Implants, 02 November 2012.
10. Mentor Worldwide, LLC. MemoryShape™ Post‐Approval Cohort Study (formerly Contour Profile Gel Core Study) Final Clinical Study Report. 02 June 2015.
11. Mentor Becker Expander/Breast Implant Clinical Trial 2013 Annual Report.
12. Adjunct Study Annual Report for Mentor's Becker Adjustable Breast Implants: Year 18 (September 1992‐November 2010) October 3, 2011.
13. CPG Styles Study: A Study of the Safety of the Contour Profile Gel Breast Implants in Subjects who are Undergoing Primary Breast Augmentation, Primary Breast Reconstruction, or Revision. 2015.
14. MemoryShape™ Post‐Approval Continued Access Study (formerly Contour Profile Gel Continued Access Study). 2014.
15. Athena Study annual report (Sept 2018): A Study of the Safety and Effectiveness of the Mentor® Smooth and Textured Larger Size MemoryGel® Ultra High Profile (UHP‐L) Breast Implants in Subjects who are Undergoing Primary Breast Reconstruction or Revision Reconstruction.
16. Glow Study annual report (Feb 2018): Memory Gel and Shape Combined Cohort Post Approval Study.
17. Mentor Consumer Preference Market Research Report ‐ July 2017.
18. Mentor Surgeon Preference Market Research Report ‐ July 2017.